Lenox MetalMax Cutoff Wheel Video Review
The Lenox MetalMax cutoff wheel may take the place of your abrasive cutoff wheels forever. The MetalMax lasts up to 30x longer, performs as well, and is much safer to use.
Get it at Amazon.
How many times have you been in the middle of cutting angle or tubing, to then have to stop and replace your abrasive cutoff wheel? Hand-raised – I know that I have many times. The Lenox MetalMax cutoff wheel may drastically change the rate at which you make these wheel changes. Lenox claims to get up to 30x longer life from their MetalMax wheels, compared to typical abrasives.
We did our best here at Shop Tool Reviews to give this new MetalMax cutoff wheel a good shakedown. Even though Lenox makes the MetalMax wheels from 1″ – 14″, we only had access to the 4-1/2″ cutoff wheel. Making the most of it, we used our trusty DeWalt FlexVolt 60V grinder for all our testing. Also, we ensured there was a full battery between wheel changes to confirm equal testing. Our conclusion is that performance was equal, but safety and durability was nothing of the same.
Lenox MetalMax Cutoff Wheel Features
- MetalMax delivers 1,000 or more cuts
- Longer Life – Advanced diamond technology provides extreme durability in metal cutting applications
- Diameter retention – because LENOX MetalMax is made with diamonds, it doesn’t get smaller
- Less dust residue – less odor and dust residue as the wheel does not wear down like bonded abrasives
- One wheel, multiple materials – including steel, sheet metal, stainless steel, rebar, cast iron, aluminum**(with cutting wax) and non-ferrous metals.
- Same use – use in the same power tools as bonded abrasive wheels, at the same RPMs and feed forces.
MetalMax Cutoff Wheel Specifications
- Product Number: 1972921
- Diameter: 4-1/2″
- Thickness: .050″
- Arbor: 7/8″
- Power Tool Type: Angle Grinder
- RPM Max: 12,200
Performance of the MetalMax wheel compared to our well-known branded abrasive wheel were very equal, with the edge leaning toward the abrasive – in the beginning. Once the abrasive wheel wore down, after 10 or 15 cuts, the Lenox didn’t change; therefore, the performance edge leaned to the Lenox MetalMax. Durability, Longevity, and Safety has to go to the MetalMax. If these latter three are of any importance, the Lenox MetalMax is a great option for a 4-1/2″ cutoff wheel.
Get yours today, here.