Conventional tap sets can be a pain to use. The SpeedTaps thread tap set can save you time and money, especially when you have a lot of holes to tap and fasteners to drive. We review Speed Taps to see if they truly are 14x faster than conventional taps. No more need for square-head taps with special hand tools that are difficult to manage.
SpeedTaps are based out of Canada, and they are available individually, or you can purchase them in sets of four. Kits are available in Metric or SAE. Metric sets come in M6, M8, M10 and M12 thread sizes. SAE sets include 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ thread sizes.
SpeedTaps can also be used with your impact driver to make things move much faster. Also unique on these SpeedTaps are the hex heads that mimic a bolt head, and the hex head size of each tap coincides with the typical size of the corresponding bolt head. IE, the 5/16″ threads tap has a 1/2″ hex head, so the same 1/2″ socket you use for cutting the threads can be used for driving the fastener. The user experiences a ton of time savings since you don’t have to change tools, bits or sockets.
SpeedTaps Thread Tap Set Features and Specifications
- Made from M2 Tool Steel
- 6-thread taper for faster starts
- Nitrate coating for extended tap life
- Full-size shaft maximizes strength as well as ease of reversal of the tap
- 60-degree tapered point for easy alignment
- Patent pending flared head design reduces tangential force maximizing torque transfer
- Head size matches bolt size for single tool operation of tapping and bolting
- SAE – 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ thread sizes
- Metric – M6, M8, M10 and M12 thread sizes
- Also available in individual sizes
- $69.99 for SAE or Metric Sets
To learn more about SpeedTaps thread tap sets or to purchase yours today, click here.
Leave a Reply