Ryobi P731 18V Cordless Inflator Deflator Preview
It’s near impossible to eliminate a compressor for filling large truck tires, but the new Ryobi P731 cordless inflator may be able to handle all those nagging little projects. Furthermore, this cordless inflator will reach where the compressor hose does not. At less than $90 for the kit with battery and charger, it may be an easy choice. The dual functionality on the P731 allows you to pump up your tire, then blow up an air mattress or pool float. But wait, there’s more…
Ryobi P731 Cordless Inflator Deflator Features
Powering the Ryobi P731 is the proven 18-volt One+ cordless platform which includes over 100 Ryobi tools. Any old Ryobi tool will work with new Ryobi batteries, and any new tool will work with old batteries. With Ryobi’s 18V platform, you won’t run into a battery compatibility issue. By the way, we thought this Ryobi 18V cordless inflator was cool enough for our Christmas Gift Guide.
Articles of Interest: STR Christmas Gift Guide 2019
High Pressure – Tires and Footballs
For high-pressure applications, you get the typical portable compressor hose with a lock-on valve-stem connector. No longer do you have to stand around and watch a gauge, or worse yet, have to remove the hose 20 times checking the pressure. You can program the digital screen to your desired pressure, then walk away. Once the desired pressure is reached, the Ryobi cordless inflator will automatically shut off. Maximum PSI is 150, so this will handle any of your passenger cars and light-duty trucks.
Low Pressure – Air Mattress and Pool Floats
It’s not all about tires with the Ryobi 18V cordless inflator deflator. The P731 also handles the low-pressure needs as well. Just use the big-hose end of the inflator and you get high-volume low-pressure air that inflates large items quickly. In fact, the Ryobi inflator will pump up a queen-size air mattress in under a minute. Not only does it pump things up, but it will also remove all the air. That’s right, the Ryobi P731 is an inflator and a deflator. As quick as it pumps up the low-pressure vessels of air, the cordless inflator deflator will also deflate them. So now that air mattress will actually fit back inside the box it came in.
We just received one of these Ryboi P731 18V cordless inflator deflators here at the shop. We’ll definitely put it through some tests, determine run times, and give it a good all-around review. This seems like a great tool for the house and garage. It’s definitely not meant to be a production shop tool, but we can see this being a great accessory to throw behind the truck seat. At only $89 for to inflator/deflator, battery, and charger, this doesn’t break the bank. You also get the Ryobi 3-year warranty.
Pick up the Ryobi P731 from the Home Depot or online.
Ryobi P731 Features At a Glance
- High-pressure inflation for tires and small inflatables
- High volume inflation for large inflatables
- Onboard, easy-wrap hose storage helps keep inflator organized
- Easy to use controls allow automatic shutoff at any pressure
- Digital pressure read-out for accurate inflation (+/- 1 PSI)
- Convenient switch for high and low-pressure selection
- Includes nozzles for high volume and high-pressure applications
- Cordless convenience for use in virtually any location
- Separate ports for inflation and deflation
- Battery: Included 1.3 Ah battery is compatible with all RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ products and its compact size allows use in tight areas and reduces user fatigue
- Dual Chemistry Charger: Charges 18-Volt ONE+ batteries in as little as 1 hour
- Dual Chemistry Charger: Indicator lights show status as batteries are charged and maintained
- Part of the RYOBI ONE+ 18-Volt Tool System
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Includes: (1) P731 18-Volt ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Dual Function Inflator/Deflator, (1) P102 18-Volt ONE+ 1.3 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, (1) P118 18-Volt ONE+ Dual Chemistry
- Charger, (1) high-pressure hose, (1) high-pressure nozzle, (1) high volume hose, (1) high volume nozzle, (1) sports ball needle, (1) Presta valve adapter, and operator’s manual
Ryobi P731 Inflator Deflator Specifications
- Depth (in.): 15.25 in
- Height (in.): 8.50 in
- Width (in.): 7.13 in
- Hose length (in.): 28
- Battery Amp Hours: 1.3 Ah
- Maximum Pressure (psi): 150
- Product Weight (lb.): 2.8 lb
- Returnable: 90-Day
- Voltage (volts): 18
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty