Makita WT05R1 Compact Impact Wrench Preview
The most common socket platform you’ll find is a 3/8″ drive. This is true across the board, from homeowners to shade-tree mechanics, and professional mechanics alike. Tapping into this fact, the Makita WT05R1 compact impact wrench is a 3/8″ square drive and it’s powered by the Makita CXT 12V platform.
- Compact: only 5-5/8″ Long
- Lightweight: only 2.2 lbs.
- Brushless Motor
- 210 ft.lbs. Nut Busting Torque
- Reverse Auto-Stop Mode stops rotation when fastener loosens
- 3/8″ Square Anvil
- 2-Speed with Variable Speed Trigger
Makita WT05R1 Compact Impact Wrench Features
The Makita WT05R1 impact wrench is only 5-5/8″ long, thus earning the title Ultra-Compact. Even though it’s powered by only a 12V battery, it still puts out 210 ft-lbs of reverse (nut-busting) torque. Fastening torque is 120 ft-lbs, and power is driven by a brushless motor.
You can select from 2 different speed settings, and the variable speed trigger lets you throttle the output to your exact needs. Speed 1 gives you 0-1,300 RPM and 0-2,000 IPM, while Speed 2 delivers 0-2,400 RPM and 0-3,600 IPM.
Reverse Rotation Auto-Stop Mode stops the rotation of the fastener once it is loosened adequately. This is great to keep those lug nuts from flying across the shop floor at 3,600 RPM. A built-in LED light shines just below the anvil, casting light on the fastener area.
Breaking lose lug nuts and cylinder heads aren’t the only uses for an impact wrench. Removing seats, seat belts, valve covers, and exhaust clamps are just some of the many opportunities to use a smaller, more compact, impact wrench. Making the Makita WT05R1 impact in a 3/8″ drive was a very smart call, so it fits the majority of the sockets in the toolbox. You can purchase the Makita for less than $225 and it comes with a 2Ah battery, charger, and a 3-year warranty.
For more information on the Makita WT05R1, click here.
WT05R1 Makita Impact Specifications
- Square Drive: 3/8″
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd): 0 – 1,300 / 0 – 2,400 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute (var. 2 spd.): 0 – 2,000 / 0 – 3,600 IPM
- Maximum Torque (ft.lbs./N•m): 120 ft.lbs./160 N•m
- Nut-Busting Torque (ft.lbs./N•m): 210 ft.lbs./290 N•m
- Battery: 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 5-5/8″
- Net Weight (with battery): 2.2 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 6.81 lbs.
- UPC Code: 088381-876926
- $222 with 2Ah batt & charger