Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench Preview – SSW 18 LTX 300 BL
If you’ve ever wanted to introduce more German efficiency and engineering to your shop, the Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench might be the solution. This compact and cordless 18V impact wrench sports a 1/2″ male square drive and 300 Nm of torque. And, with its modern conveniences, such as an ambidextrous belt hook and an integrated work light, it could be the compact impact wrench you never knew you needed.
Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench Features
- Automatic Power Shift (APS)
- High torque machine with low kick-back torque
- Twelve speed/torque levels
- Robust die-cast aluminum gear housing
- LiHD Battery Pack
- Battery packs with capacity display
- Ultra-M Technology: highest power, gentle charging, and 3-year warranty on the battery pack
What’s The Deal With The Metabo Impact Wrench?
How many different ways can the compact cordless impact wrench “wheel” get reinvented? Probably not many, so the question becomes more about the quality of the engineering. The Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench comes with a brushless motor, and Metabo uses a die-cast aluminum gear housing for optimum heat dissipation and durability. Even the LiHD batteries have been designed for optimal power, longer run times, and extended service life.
The Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench has 12 different torque levels to handle a wide variety of applications. It also features Metabo’s APS, which supports working with self-tapping screws; the tool automatically reduces torque after drilling to prevent stripping out your fastener.
Perhaps best of all is that the Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench weighs in at a super manageable 3.7 lbs with the batteries attached. Granted, because of its size, it won’t be cranking out 1,000 ft-lbs of torque, but it stays comparable with other compact models at 221 ft-lbs.
So far, we haven’t received word on what this upcoming impact wrench will cost, but we expect it to fall into the sub $250 category.
Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench Specs
- Model Number: SSW 18 LTX 300 BL
- Type of battery pack: LiHD
- Battery voltage: 18 V
- Battery capacity: 2 x 4 Ah
- Max. no-load speed: 0 – 2650 RPM
- Maximum impact rate: 3750 BPM
- Maximum torque: 221 ft. lbs
- Speed/torque levels: 12
- Bit retainer: Male square 1/2″ (12.70 mm)
- Weight (including battery pack): 3.7 lbs
- Impact screwdriving: 7 m/s²
- Uncertainty of measurement K: 1.5 m/s²
- Sound pressure level: 95 dB(A)
- Sound power level (LwA): 106 dB(A)
- Uncertainty of measurement K: 3 dB(A)
For more information about the Metabo Cordless Impact Wrench, check out the product page at Metabo.com.