Milwaukee Tool Controlled Torque Impact Wrench Preview
Milwaukee Tool seems relentless in the pursuit of disrupting the mechanics’ tool market. Each year the big red brand launches more and more tools that not only spread horizontally but also vertical. Their latest is the Milwaukee Tool controlled torque impact wrench with ONE-KEY.
Milwaukee Tool Controlled Torque Impact Features
Model number 2769 is a 1/2” anvil which extends out 6-inches, specifically for mounting and dismounting wheels. The controlled torque is for fastening, but for removal, you get the full 750 ft-lbs (1,100 nut-busting) of force. Pre-determined torque modes make changes quick and easy, without an app.
Related Video: Milwaukee One-Key vs. Torque Sticks
Milwaukee 2769 Torque Modes
- 1 Mode – This mode is specifically designed for cars, delivering a target torque range of 40-75 ft-lbs.
- 2 Mode – This mode is for trucks and SUVs, delivering a target torque range of 75 – 150 ft-lbs.
- 3 Mode – This mode is for larger equipment such as box trucks and trailers, delivering a target torque range up to 450 ft-lbs.
- 4 Mode – This mode delivers full power in forward.
As with all M18 FUEL tools, such as this, power comes from the Powerstate brushless motor and Redlithium Li-Ion batteries. RedLink Plus keeps all the electronics talking with one another for best performance and durability. One-Key enables you to customize the pre-configured modes as well.
M18 FUEL Controlled Torque Impact Specifications
- Model: 2769-22 1/2” Extended Anvil Controlled Torque Impact Kit w/One-Key
- RPM: 0-1,800
- IPM: 0-2,400
- Nut Busting Torque: Up to 1,100 ft-lbs
- Fastening Torque: Up to 750 ft-lbs
- Tool Length (w/ battery): 10.1”
- Tool Weight (w/ battery): 7.4 lbs
- Anvil Type: 1/2″ Extended Square w/ Friction Ring
- ONE-KEY™ Enabled: Yes
- Warranty: 3 Years
*Includes M18 FUEL™ 1/2″ Ext. Anvil Controlled Torque Impact Wrench w/ ONE-KEY™, (2) M18™ REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Battery Packs, M18™ & M12™ Multi-Voltage Charger, and Transport Bag.
**Also available as a bare tool (2769-20)
Right on the heels of our Milwaukee One-Key vs. Torque Sticks video, this tool fits right in the mold. Making a specific torque limited tool for tire shops is much needed. I like that the new Milwaukee Tool controlled torque impact has Mode 1 stepped down even further than before. One-Key’s first setting for lugs used to be 80-130 ft-lbs, now they’re making it 40-75 ft-lbs. This makes it a must to break out the torque wrench and finish the job correctly. Now, it’s just getting the tools in the shops and training the staff.