Those of you in the mechanic’s trade have likely heard of BendPak, one of the premier car lift manufacturers in the market these days. Well, it’s not all car lifts around the BendPak offices, but they’ve also been hard at work coming up with all sorts of other shop solutions. One of those solutions, the DST-2420 Ranger wheel balancer, offers accurate balancing within hundredths of an ounce, keeping your clients’ wheels from vibrating off their axles. And, it does all this with a minimum amount of actual effort!
A Balancing Act
The DST-2420 offers extreme accuracy by automatically calculating the weight needed to achieve the optimal balance of all your tires 30″ in diameter and smaller. An LED display marks the exact location and amount of weight needed in only six seconds. It can operate in dynamic, static, and performance alloy settings, allowing shops to balance both OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels.
It achieves this high level of speed and precision through its highly precise digital sensor technology, which features a 16-digit digital sensor and a single chip circuit board. You might not guess this, but according to BendPak, this single-chip board presents all sorts of advantages over multi-chip implementations with the same functionality. It reduces latency and boosts device throughput. A dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to move much faster and results in less power consumption and lower heat levels.
Additionally, the Ranger wheel balancer features multi-directional quartz piezoelectric load sensors and a digital rotation encoder. These measure longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. Because these sensors offer fantastic stability and fatigue resistance, you can expect exceptional durability from your DST-2420.
Now With More Cones!
The Ranger wheel balancer comes with multi-size center cones and a Quik-Nut bell adapter to make mounting wheels fast and easy. However, this package also comes with not only standard car and truck cones, but also heavy-duty truck cones and spacer rings.
Additionally, the DST-2420 features a newly designed side shelf. Its open-top design accommodates a roll of the Ranger Quik-Peel adhesive tape weights. And, because the Ranger wheel balancer automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight actually needed to achieve the optimal balance, you’ll spend less on extraneous weights.
DTS-2420 Ranger Wheel Balancer Key Features
- Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings
- A multi-user save function holds presets to increase productivity
- An ergonomic control board and easy-to-read LED display has vibrant visual cues and keypad
- A simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- Automatic round-off with top-dead-center weight position indicator
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered
- Self-calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage
- Newly designed side shelf features an open-top design that accommodates Ranger Quick-Peel adhesive tape weight convenient bulk rolls
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36-mm shaft
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side-position brake hold wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for proper weight placement
- Side cone storage pegs keep accessories readily available
- New “open-side” hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
DTS-2420 Ranger Wheel Balancer Specifications
- Model Number: DST-2420
- Motor: 1.5 hp / 110V/220V 50/60HZ 1Ph
- Working temperature: -5C/27F – 50C/82F
- Drive system: belt drive
- Cycle time: 6 – 9 seconds (avg.)
- Balancing modes: dynamic / static / 3-alloy
- Top positioning weight locator: standard
- Inside & outside measuring: standard
- Millimeter / inches selection: standard
- Ounce / gram selection: standard
- Wheel offset distance setting: manual
- Self-calibration function: standard
- Auto start when hood is lowered: standard
- Wheel spin braking: automatic/electronic
- Wheel holding manual brake pedal: standard
- Centering cones included: 3 standard / 1 truck
- Truck cone/spacer ring adapter set: included standard
- Wheel calipers: standard
- Rear cone mount spring: standard
- No-mar rear cone mount pressure cup: standard
- Quick-release & mount hub nut: standard
- Maximum tire diameter: 47″ / 1,194 mm
- Max tire weight: 145 pounds (65 kg)
- Max. wheel diameter: 10″ – 30″ / 254 mm – 672 mm
- Wheel width capacity: 2″ – 18″ / 51 mm – 457 mm
- Balancing increments: 0.25 or 0.01 oz
- Balancing speed: 180 rpm
- Accuracy: +/- 1 gram / .035 oz
- Resolution (round off mode): 0.01 ounce, 1.4°
- Shipping weight: 398 lbs. / 181 kg
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Price: $1,635.00
To learn more about DST-2420 Ranger Wheel Balancer, click here.
Leave a Reply