When you need to make clean, consistent cuts in metal, nothing beats a bandsaw. The Shop Fox W1715 metal cutting bandsaw is economical and portable. With 3 cutting speed options, the Shop Fox W1715 bandsaw is a perfect machine for small or large projects where cutting a variety of metals, plastics, or wood is needed. It’s also powered by a 110V, single phase 3/4 HP motor, with no load speeds up to 1,725 RPM. That kind of power should give you enough power to carry out a wide range of metal cutting applications.
For unique cutting requirements, you can install the vertical cutting attachment to the Shop Fox W1715 metal cutting bandsaw. The bandsaw’s operating speed options are 78, 108, and 180 FPM—and for a quick speed change, you simply alter the V-belt placement. Also, the 3-speed feature allows the bandsaw to cut a variety of stock with varying hardnesses.
The Shop Fox W1715 metal cutting bandsaw features is compact for what it does—and there’s a built-in base to let you easily move the machine to its preferred location. For its vertical cutting capability, the Shop Fox W1715 can easily be set up to make curve or pattern cuts, while the bandsaw’s cast iron stop is useful for making consistent horizontal cuts.
The feed rate on the Shop Fox W1715 metal cutting bandsaw is controlled by a spring and handle. Twisting the handle clockwise adds tension to the spring to slow down the feed rate, and twisting the handle counterclockwise removes the tension from the spring to increase the feed rate.
The Shop Fox W1715 metal cutting bandsaw comes with a vise for horizontal operation, cutting blades, 4-inch dust hood, and a 2-year warranty.
Shop Fox W1715 Metal Cutting Bandsaw Key Features
- 3 cutting speeds
- Blade tilts 45 degrees right
- Heavy-duty cast iron extension wings
- Large cast iron hand-wheels
- Built-in mobile base
- Adjustable feed rate
- Built-in 4″ dust hood
- Handles and wheel for portability
- Standard and dado table inserts included
Shop Fox W1715 Metal Cutting Bandsaw Specifications
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, single-phase 1,725 RPM
- Max. cut (round stock) diameter: 4-1/2 in.
- Max. cut (rectangular stock): 4 x 6 in.
- Blade speeds: 78 FPM at 40 RPM, 108 FPM at 60 RPM, 180 FPM at 80 RPM
- Blade size: 64-1/2 x 1/2 x 0.025 in.
- Features: Automatic shutoff, ball bearing construction, vertical cutting attachment
- Approx. shipping weight: 174 lbs.
- Includes: Blade, vise
- Warranty: 2-years
- Price: $405.18
Leave a Reply