When you cut a lot of steel you want a tool that can handle those tasks easily, but you may also want the portability that doesn’t demand a ton of fixed space in your shop. The Wellsaw 58B Metal Cutting Bandsaw is a good solution and is one of Wellsaw’s largest portable bandsaws. The Wellsaw 58B model offers the flexibility of both horizontal and vertical sawing, giving you options to cut more efficiently. The bandsaw’s power and flexibility allows it to be used for cutting a wide range of materials—including larger steel cross sections up to 6.5 x 11 inches.
The Wellsaw 58B Metal Cutting Bandsaw is made in the USA and offers a single phase, 1/2 HP motor. Also, the Wellsaw 58B series has the options of wet cutting (58BW) or dry cutting (58BD). The wet cutting model offers a collection bucket at bottom and tubing to run water over the workpiece as you cut. Both models offer a full size gearbox and 3 cutting speeds for dealing with the different hardnesses of your work pieces.
The Wellsaw 58B bandsaw features an adjustable stock stop, ball bearing blade guides, Baldor blade motor, blade brush, quick acting vise, replaceable pivot bar and bushings, and safety switch with overload protection. It also has a convenient auto shut-off at end of cut feature that senses when the bandsaw blade has made it through the material.
For added stability and durability, the Wellsaw 58B metal cutting bandsaw is equipped with cast iron band wheels and a precision ground bed. The sturdy base is made from steel tubing and includes retractable wheels and a pull handle as well as a hydraulic feed control with adjustable counterbalance spring.
Wellsaw manufactures a full line of high quality metal cutting bandsaws. Better still, all of their saws are made right at their factory in Southwestern Michigan. They also maintain their products—carrying a full inventory of parts for all models built since 1933—and most orders will ship the same day they are received. For more information about the company, and this USA–made bandsaw series, visit their website!
Wellsaw 58B Metal Cutting Bandsaw Key Features
- Rigid welded steel frame and bed
- Work table for vertical operation
- Adjustable stock stop
- Ball bearing blade guides
- Baldor blade motor
- Three band speedsBlade brush
- Safety switch and overload protection
- Quick acting vise
- Precision ground bed
- Replaceable pivot bar and bushings
- Auto shut-off at end of cut
- OSHA blade guards
- Tiger tooth blade
Wellsaw 58B Metal Cutting Bandsaw Specifications
- Blade Motor: 1/2hp Single Phase ODP
- Capacity (Round): 9-1/2″
- Capacity (Flat): 11″
- Capacity (Rectangular): 9-1/2″ x 11″
- 45º Angle: 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Vertical Capacity (Throat Depth): 6-1/4″
- Vertical Capacity (Throat Height): 9-1/2″
- Vertical Capacity (Work Table): 8″ x 10″
- Blade Size: 1/2″ x .025 x 7’9″ (93″)
- Blade Speeds: 76, 141, 268 SFPM
- Blade Guides: Six Sealed Ball Bearings on, Cast Iron Supports
- Vise Control: Manual Screw/Quick Action
- Swivel Vise: To 45 degrees
- Band Wheels: 11″ Cast Iron
- Bed Height: 26″
- Floor Area” 26″W x 54″L
- Shipping Weights (58BD): 350 Lbs.
- Shipping Weights (58BW): 385 Lbs.
Available Factory Installed Options
- 3/4″ Blade (Capacity Limited to 7″ x 11″ with this option)
- 3/4HP Motor
- Stock Stand
- Spare Blade Package
Leave a Reply