The Jet JMD-18 Mill Drill with R-8 Taper is a lighter alternative to a heavy milling machine. It’s function primarily for milling, and not so much as a drill press. It offers a combined belt driven drill press with dual coordinate abilities of the milling machine’s work table, delivering flexibility and efficiency. The Jet JMD-18 mill comes equipped with an extra large work table for tackling larger scale projects plus a work lamp for a well illuminated shop.
Jet JMD-18 Mill Drill Features
This mill and drill model operates with a powerful 2 HP, single phase, 230-volt motor that gives the machine a range of 12 spindle speeds from 15 to 3,000 RPM. Also, the Jet JMD-18 350018 Mill Drill With R-8 Taper is supported by a hinged belt cover for fast speed change. This feature minimize delays and wait period when transitioning to different speeds.
For additional support and stability, the Jet JMD-18 350018 Mill Drill With R-8 Taper offers a cast iron column and heavy-duty, tapered roller bearings for greater tolerance and more precise drilling depth. The JMD-18 is also equipped with user-friendly features such as a positive quick-stop knob combined with an easy-to-read internal depth gauge, and satin finished easy-read dials.
In addition, the Jet JMD-18 350018 Mill Drill With R-8 Taper features a locking collet that prevents the milling machine from falling away from the spindle when lateral forces are experienced against the bit. It is rated 4.5/5 by Amazon verified buyer reviews.
We don’t know anyone that owns or works in a shop that doesn’t want their own mill. Typical mills weigh in terms of tons and include prices that easily eclipse $10K. Add to this, the footprint size of these mills are pretty large. The JET JMD-18 mill offers a much smaller footprint, only weighs 660 pounds, and can be purchased just north of $2,000. We see this as a great opportunity to expand your shop’s opportunity, efficiency and even revenue.
Check out the JET mill drill here.
Jet JMD-18 Mill Drill With R-8 Taper Key Features
- One-piece cast iron column
- Belt cover with quick slide latch allows faster belt adjustment to change spindle speeds
- Base taper allows for easier clean up
- Drill Press angle vise
- Extra large worktable
- New positive quick-stop knob and easy to read internal depth gauge
- 360° head swivel
- Work lamp
- Heavy-duty power downfeed with manual fine feed
- 1/2″ drill chuck, chuck arbor
- Draw bar
- Drill Chuck Guard
- Adjustable Carbide facemill
- UL Listed motor
Jet JMD-18 Mill Model 350018 Specifications
- Motor (HP): 2 HP, 115/230V, 1Ph
- Range of Spindle Speeds (RPM): 150 – 3,000
- Drilling Capacity (In.): 1-1/4
- Face Mill Capacity (In.): 3
- End Mill Capacity (In.): 3/4
- Swing (In.): 15-7/8
- Max Distance Spindle to Table (In.): 18
- Spindle Taper (In. x TPI): R-8
- Spindle Travel (In.): 5
- Number of Spindle Speeds: 12
- Quill Diameter (In.): 3
- Column Diameter (In.): 4-1/2
- Table Size (L x W) (In.): 9-1/2 x 32-1/4
- Table Longitudinal Travel (In.): 20-1/2
- Work Table Weight Capacity (Lbs.): 400
- T-Slots Number and Size (In.): 4 and 5/8
- T-Slot Centers (In.): 1-13/16
- Base Dimensions (In.): 15-3/4 x 23-3/4
- Overall Dimensions (L x W x H) (In.): 47 x 40 x 51
- Weight (Lbs.): 660
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: $2,299.00