Combination welders are popular as they let you do more with less. The Klutch ST80i Stick Welder with TIG option is an inverter-powered DC combination welder that’s good in a pinch. It features 115-volt inverter technology that can be used almost anywhere. Its inverter based system offers increased power output from a smaller transformer. As a result, the Klutch ST80i welding system weighs up to 50 percent less than traditional electric models.
The Klutch ST80i offers easy starting and smooth stick welding with its built-in hot start arc starting system. Arc thrust and anti-kick features help deliver better control and give you a smoother action when welding. The ST80i can also weld a variety of materials—from mild and stainless steels to cast iron. Plus, it can handle a variety of stick electrodes ranging from 1/16″ to 3/32″ in diameter.
This Klutch stick welder uses a thermostat to prevent the unit from overheating during continuos operation. It also ensures the device stays safely grounded and will automatically shut down if and when the ground clamp comes loose. Not to be overlooked, the Klutch ST80i is a TIG-ready welder—perfect for light duty TIG welding and repairs (the TIG torch is sold separately.)
Klutch ST80i Stick Welder with TIG Option Key Features
- Increased power in a super lightweight package for better portability
- Inverter system handles fluctuations in input power for consistent output
- Requires less input amperage, reducing the overall input power requirement by up to 25% when compared to traditional transformer welders
- Welds with 1/16, 5/64, or 3/32 inch electrodes
- IGBT technology for high efficiency and fast switching
- Smooth DC inverter arc, hot start, and anti-stick features
- Current output: 20-75 amps DC, 90 amps peak
- Optional TIG torch (item# 44455) available for lift start on mild and stainless steel materials
- Includes shoulder strap
- Welding processes: Stick, TIG
- Current range: 20–75 amps DC, 90+ amps peak
- Single phase 115V
- Duty cycle: 20% @ 75A
- Range selection: Infinite
- Current adjustments: 20–75 amps
- Electrode Size (in.): 1/16, 5/64, 3/32
- Max weld (in.): 1/8
- Weldable metals: Mild steel, stainless steel, cast iron, hard surfacing
- Electrode length: 10 ft.
- Clamp cable length: 6-1/2 ft.
- Power cord: 5 ft.
- Includes: Welding cable with electrode holder, ground cable and clamp, shoulder strap.
- Dimensions L x W x H: 12 x 5 x 9 in.
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $179.99
For more info on the Klutch ST80i stick welder, click here.