Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210 MP Preview
Welders are an essential part of our American infrastructure. Without them, we would have no skyscrapers, pipelines, or bridges. Regardless of the skill level of these welders, they all have one thing in common. They all need a welder! The Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210 MP is bridging the gap across a wide array of the welders’ skill levels and processes.
There is no doubt that you can’t replace experience, know-how and OJT (On the Job Training) with a piece of equipment, hence I’m not about to make that argument. At the same time, technology is definitely playing a role in ramping up the abilities of welders (persons) faster than before. Also, the ability to handle different process welds with less machinery and more efficient equipment is a product of new technologies in welders such as the Lincoln Electric multi process welder.
Lincoln Electric Multi Process Welder
With a wide range of uses and processes, the Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210 MP is aimed at the hobbyist, teacher or small fab-shop. This same machine can weld with stick, MIG, TIG and even flux-core. A novice can start with this machine, but it can also grow with them as they advance in their experience and abilities.
Dual voltage inputs (120V or 230V) provide the user versatility, so they can take it everywhere and plug in anywhere (almost). The Lincoln Electric Power Mig 210 only weighs 40lbs., even further enhancing the versatility and portability. The sheet-metal construction ensures durability for years to come. Most notable is the 210 Amps at the welders fingertips. This is sufficient power to tackle some pretty significant jobs; you can MIG up to 5/16 inch mild or stainless steel.
A large color display guides the user through a simple setup process to ensure a successful weld. In addition, the push and turn digital controls add to the already intuitive and easy startup. Also accessible from the color display are the advanced options and settings, so you can customize your parameters. Optional add-ons are available to expand the capabilities of the 210 MP. The Aluminum One-Pak adds a spool gun to enable feeding aluminum wire, and the TIG One-Pak adds the torch and foot adapter.
Lincoln Electric Multi Process Welder 210 Base Unit
- Model Number: K3963-1
- Magnum® PRO 175L Gun, 10 ft. (3.0 m)- K4076-1
- 120V and 230V Input Cables
- Work Cable and Clamp
- Electrode Holder and Lead Assembly
- Adjustable Gas Regulator and Hose
- Gas and Gasless Nozzles
- Gun Cable Liner (pre-installed in gun)
- Spindle Adapter
- Sample 1 lb (0.45 kg) Spool of SuperArc® L-56® Mild Steel MIG Wire
- Sample 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Spool Innershield® NR®-211-MP Flux-Cored Wire
- 025 in. (0.6 mm) and 0.035 in. (0.9 mm) Contact Tips
- 025 – 0.030 in. (0.6 – 0.8 mm) and 0.035 in. (0.9 mm) Drive Rolls
- 030 – 0.045 in. (0.8 – 1.1 mm) Knurled Drive Rolls
- 025 – 0.035 in. (0.6 – 0.9 mm) and 0.045 in. (1.1 mm) Wire Guides
- Replacement Screen Shield
- MSRP: $1,199
K4195-2 TIG One-Pak (Optional)
- K3963-1 Base Unit
- PTA-17V Ultra-Flex™ TIG Torch 12.5 ft. (3.8 m)
- Twist Mate TIG Torch Adapter
- Foot Amptrol Adapter
- Foot Amptrol
K4195-1 Aluminum One-Pak (Optional)
- K3963-1 Base Unit
- Magnum® PRO 100SG Spool Gun
- MSRP: $295.20
Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210 MP Specs
- INPUT POWER: 115/230/1/60
- 120V RATED OUTPUT: 100A/19.0/40%
- 230V RATED OUTPUT: 200A/24V/25%
- 120V INPUT CURRENT: 15A
- 230V INPUT CURRENT 230V: 14.7A
- 120V OUTPUT RANGE: 20-140 Amps DC, Max. OCV : 56
- 230V OUTPUT RANGE: 20-220 Amps DC, Max. OCV : 56
- CORED WIRE SIZE RANGE: .035 – .045 in (0.9 – 1.2 mm)
- WIRE FEED SPEED RANGE: 50-500 ipm (1.3-12.7 m/min)
- DIMENSIONS (H X W X D): 14 in x 10.75 in x 19 in (356 mm x 273 mm x 483 mm)
- NET WEIGHT: 40.00 (18.14 kg)
It’s great to see a trade like welding continue to push forward with advancements in technology. With technology we get a more knowledgeable work-force that sustains the trade. As a nation, we have put so much focus on college and universities, but no job positions are available in the fields of these graduates. Let’s continue to push trades, like welding, further up the ladder as profitable ventures.
The welding wars are heating up thanks to products like the Lincoln Electric multi process welder, specifically the Power MIG 210 MP. This seems to be a great all-around welder for a beginner to get their feet wet and not break the bank. We will be sure to give you our feedback when we review one in the near future.
For more information about the Lincoln Electric Power MIG 210 MP, click here.