Woodworkers, rejoice! The new Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw aims to make your decorative woodworking projects an actual joy to work on. This latest addition to the Jet lineup features the brand’s unique blade change process that combines blade clamping and tensioning in one easy step. It also includes a lower blade holder that the user can remove easily, a large, slotted table, 18-inch throat capacity, and top-lift, spring-loaded arm.
From The Horse’s Mouth
“Our new, aggressively priced, 18-inch scroll saw is loaded with special features designed to improve efficiency and productivity. Its patent-pending, one-step, blade-change process and other innovations make it a great choice for ornamental woodworkers, furniture makers, toy makers, crafters, hobbyists, and do-it-yourselfers.”
-Tobias Bridges, Jet Director of Product Management for Woodworking
Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw Features
- Upper Blade Holder: The main selling point about the new Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw revolves around the brand’s patent-pending blade holder design. Blade changes require no extra tools, and the upper blade holder clamps and tensions the blade in one step. This design also helps expedite the set-up process for pierce cutting.
- Large, 11-5/8″ x 21″ Steel Table: The precision-ground, steel table provides a stable work surface that keeps vibration to a minimum.
- 18″ Throat Capacity and Top-Lift Arm: The Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw has plenty of clearance for those larger workpieces. The top-lift arm raises 10 inches, and what’s more, it stays up until pulled back down into place. The arm also tilts 45° to the right and 30° to the left as well. Meanwhile, the table stay flat for better control over the workpiece.
- Variable Speed Motor: Jet includes a variable speed dial with this new scroll saw, which allows for a range of 400-1,550 strokes per minute. The Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw is powered with a 50-watt, 120-volt, 1.3-amp motor.
The Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw retails for $699, or it can come kitted with a stand for $799. It also comes with CSA certification and a 5-year warranty. Optional accessories, like a foot switch, are available as well.
Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw Specs
- Stock Number: JWSS-18B
- Model Number: 737300B
- Throat: 18-1/2″
- Max Cutting Depth: 2″
- Stroke Length: 3/4″
- Speed Range: 400-1,550 strokes per minute
- Tilting Function: Arm
- Blade Tilt Range: 45° right/30° left
- Table Material: Steel
- Table Size: 11-5/8″L x 21″ W
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 1-1/2″
- Motor Amps: 1.3A
- Motor Voltage: 120V
- Assembled Machine Dimensions: 30-3/4″L x 15-3/4″W x 17-3/8″H
- Net Weight: 54 lbs
- MSRP: $699; Kitted with a Stand, $799
For more information about the Jet 18-Inch Scroll Saw, check out the Jet website here.
Leave a Reply