Makita recently announced an update to their 6922NB shear wrench. The new Makita Cordless Shear Wrench runs on the brand’s 18V LXT battery platform and delivers 14% faster tightening than corded models. It can fasten up to 315 M22 torque control bolts per charge, and it cranks out 593 ft-lbs of torque for all your heavy-duty fastening needs.
The Makita Cordless Shear Wrench features a brushless motor that is governed by Makita’s Star Protection computer controls, which optimizes both the battery and motor performance. These features work together to crank out the improved performance that we’ll allegedly see from this new model.
The Makita Cordless Shear Wrench also provides a bolt tip ejecting lever located by the power switch, as well as an electric brake that allows you to reposition the shear wrench quickly. Both of these features ought to improve your productivity.
Makita has also improved the durability of the new cordless shear wrench. It has metal gear housing, roll bars to protect the batteries, and a shoulder strap hook to keep you from dropping it. Plus, it comes with Makita’s XPT technology, which keeps water and dust from getting to the internal components.
Other Makita Cordless Shear Wrench Features
- Up to 14% faster fastening than Makita corded model 6922NB
- Tightens up to 315 M22 torque control bolts per charge
- Extreme Protection Technology is engineered for improved dust and water resistance
- L.E.D. battery charge indicator
- Weighs only 15.7 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Ergonomic “D-shaped” handle with a trigger power switch
- Power switch with trigger-lock button helps prevent accidental start-ups
Pricing & Value
The updated Makita Shear Wrench should run you around $2,500. It comes kitted with two 18V 5.0Ah batteries and a rapid charger. All of the above comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
For the sake of comparison, the corded 6922NB has similar specs but runs about $2,050. With this model’s cordlessness and updated feature set, the new shear wrench’s price seems about right when you consider the two batteries and charger.
Makita Cordless Shear Wrench Specs
- Model Number: XTW01PT
- Bolt Size Capacity (A325): 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″
- Bolt Size Capacity (A490): 5/8″, 3/4″
- No Load Speed: 14 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 593 ft. lbs./804 Nm
- Lock-Off Switch: Yes
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Length: 11-5/8″
- Net Weight: 15.7 lbs
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
- MSRP: around $2,500
For more information about the Makita Cordless Shear Wrench, check out the product page here.
Leave a Reply