Another upcoming tool soon to come from one of our favorite German brands is the Metabo Cordless Impact Driver. It, like the brand’s new impact wrench, features a compact frame with 18 volts of battery power coursing through a brushless motor. It features a 1/4″ hex socket, and it can generate up to 200 Nm of torque force.
Metabo Cordless Impact Driver Features
- Unique Metabo brushless motor
- Automatic Power Shift (APS)
- Twelve speed/torque levels
- Integrated work light for illumination of the work area
- Die-cast aluminum gear housing
- Belt hook can be fixed either on the right or left side
- LiHD Battery Pack for ultimate power, extremely long run time and service life
- Battery packs with capacity display
- Ultra-M Technology: highest power, gentle charging, and 3-year warranty on the battery pack
How Big Of A Deal Is This Impact Driver?
It’s not a big deal, and that’s the point, really. At 3.1 lbs with the battery attached, the Metabo Cordless Impact Driver maintains a small profile for convenient impact driving that causes less user fatigue.
But, with its small frame, can it keep up with other cordless 18V impact drivers on the market? It features Metabo’s unique brushless motor for high efficiency, and it can crank out 2,900 RPM and 4,000 BPM. It also features the brand’s APS technology, which causes the tool to back off on the torque as it senses that the fastener has been fully fastened, which prevents stripping. For variety, Metabo has engineered this tool with 12 different torque settings.
But, that’s not all. The Metabo Cordless Impact Driver also features die-cast aluminum gear housing for longer durability and better heat management. It includes an integrated LED worklight and a belt hook that can attach to either side of the tool for you southpaws out there.
We haven’t received any word about what this tool will retail for, but we’ll know more as the tool becomes available.
Metabo Cordless Impact Driver Specs
- Model Numer: SSD 18 LTX 200 BL
- Type of battery pack: LiHD
- Battery voltage: 18 V
- Battery capacity: 4 Ah
- Max. no-load speed: 2,900 RPM
- Maximum impact rate: 4,000 BPM
- Maximum torque: 1,770 ft. lbs
- Speed/torque levels: 12
- Bit retainer: Hexagon recess 1/4″ (6.35 mm)
- Weight (including battery pack): 3.1 lbs
- Impact screwdriving: 19.3 m/s²
- Uncertainty of measurement K: 2.9 m/s²
- Sound pressure level: 94 dB(A)
- Sound power level (LwA): 105 dB(A)
- Uncertainty of measurement K: 3 dB(A)
For more information about the Metabo Cordless Impact Driver, check out the product page at Metabo.com.