The Jet 22-44OSC oscillating drum sander offers an exclusive 1-inch oscillating stroke. With the push of a button you can switch the sander between linear sander to an oscillating sander. When choosing the linear sander, the sander drum rotates as the conveyor feeds the work piece through, while on oscillating mode, in addition to the linear sanding operation, the sander drum head will swing back and forth from left to right. This serves to lower heat build-up during sanding as well as use more of the sanding drum on the workpiece (similar to a vertically oriented oscillating drum sander).
Jet 22-44OSC Oscillating Drum Sander Features
The Jet 22-44OSC horizontal drum sander offers a heavy-duty, one feed and one drive, 1-3/4 HP motor, which is designed for heavier use and longer cycles, making it a powerful tool if you’re doing more production-oriented work in your shop. It’s also suitable for a variety of sanding applications and materials. The Jet 22-44OSC also features a SandSmart infinitely variable-feed control that produces a smooth finish by allowing you to match the speed to the material and sanding grit. Jet also uses patented conveyor belt trackers to reduce the need for manual belt adjustments, and the 22-44OSC has a precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed and no-give power feed belt which help to achieve smooth finishes.
The Jet 22-44OSC oscillating drum sander uses sealed bearings which are permanently lubricated for extended life. Also, the drum sander features patented abrasive take-up fasteners for quick and easy abrasives changes, adjustable drum height, and consistent downward pressure that help virtually eliminate snipe. A front-mounted magnetic switch tops off the list of convenience features. The Jet 22-44OSC Drum Sander is equipped with a large cast-iron hand-wheel that adjusts the height at 1/16-inch per turn for very accurate sanding thickness control.
The Jet 22-44OSC drum sander can be purchased in a kit with closed stand (model number is Jet 659006K). This model includes a built-in cabinet door for easy access to stored parts, abrasives, or other accessories. See the Jet 659006K 22-44 oscillating drum sander kit with closed stand below:
Jet 22-44OSC Oscillating Drum Sander Key Features
- Exclusive SandSmart infinitely variable-feed control
- Patented conveyor belt trackers
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed and no-give power feed belt
- Sealed and permanently lubricated drum ball bearings
- Patented abrasive take-up fasteners
- Adjustable drum height and downward pressure to eliminate snipe
- Magnetic front-mounted switch
- Large cast-iron handwheel adjusts height at 1/16″ per turn
- One feed and one drive motor
Jet 22-44OSC Oscillating Drum Sander Specifications
- Conveyor motor: 1/3 HP, 0.45A, 40 RPM w/43 inch-lbs torque (Direct Drive DC)
- Drum motor: TEFC induction, capacitor start, 1-3/4HP (1.3kW), 1PH, 115V only, 15.5A, 60Hz
- Motor speed: 1720 RPM
- Drum speed: 1700 RPM
- Conveyor variable feed rate (FPM): 0-10 (SandSmart)
- On/off switch: Paddle style with removable key
- Recommended circuit 20A
- Stand (Stock number): 659006S
- Conveyor height from floor: 32 in.
- Drum size: 5 in. x 23 in.
- Dust chute: 4 in.
- Cabinet height: 29 in.
- Overall dimensions (assembled): 44 L x 27 W x 52 in. H
- Drum length: 23 in.
- Drum diameter: 5 in.
- Maximum board thickness: 4 in.
- Maximum board width: 44 in.
- Minimum board length: 2-1/4 in.
- Minimum board thickness: 1/32 in.
- Dust port outside diameter: 4 in.
- Net weight: 336 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 363 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Price: $2,449.99
Leave a Reply