The Shop Fox W1678 26-inch drum sander is designed with a double drum to quickly perform various sanding applications, whether surface sanding large quantities of panel assemblies or achieving smooth finishes on figured wood. Besides its double drum design, the Shop Fox W1678 unit is also equipped with 220V single-phase 5 HP motor, and its 6 x 27-3/4 in. dual V-belt drums achieve 2,300 FPM surface speed.
The Shop Fox dual drum sander can be fitted with two different grits, and at full 26″ wide it allows both rough and finish sanding in a single pass. The sander’s dual drum uses a hook and loop sandpaper attachment system and features a urethane drive belt which is powered by a separate sprocket and chain driven motor for maximum power transfer. The Shop Fox W1678 26-inch drum sander can also accept extra large stock up to 4-1/2″ thick by 26″ wide.
The multi-function control panel feature of the Shop Fox W1678 drum sander lets you access the on/off conveyor switch conveniently, control the fully variable work piece feed rate, turn the sanding drum on/off, and monitor the sanding load applied by reading the load meter. For safety, the drum sander is equipped with a large Stop button, and two 4-inch dust ports allow for easy dust collection. The hood also helps the dust collection efficiency and is constructed with internal baffles that collect wood dust close to the source of production.
- Motor size: 5 HP, 220V, 25 Amp, Single-phase, 3,450 RPM
- Capacity: 4-1/4″ thick x 26″ wide
- Feed rates: Variable (0-20 FPM)
- Conveyor motor: 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, universal
- Conveyor table size: 26-1/8″ x 30-1/4″
- Footprint: 36-3/4″ wide x 23-3/4″ deep
- Power cord size: 10′ x 12 AWG
- Minimum board length: 9″
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8″
- Surface speed of drums: 2,300 FPM
- Dust ports: 2 (4″ )
- Approx. shipping weight: 581 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: $2,380.69