First off, the SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 drum sander is an award winning sanding tool. It received 5 stars from Wood magazine, and was an Editor’s Pick awardee from American Woodworker magazine. It’s no wonder either, with a 42″ x 26″ x 51″ footprint (on its stand) and 1-3/4 HP motor, the SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 drum sander is just right for the small shop or any serious woodworker or joiner. The SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 drum sander also comes standard with an open stand, and it comes loaded with 80 grit sandpaper.
SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 Drum Sander Features
This drum sander from SuperMax offers a very simple alignment feature. With just one nut you can align the conveyor to the sanding head quickly and easily. The SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 also has an easy height adjustment feature. The thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the extruded aluminum drum from moving out of the set position while sanding, and there’s no backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
Besides its simple height adjustment feature, the drum sander also has an indexed alignment setting for narrow stock as well as wider stock over 19″. The index lever will automatically adjust the conveyor for smooth finish wide sanding. This particular drum sander model has an extra-wide conveyor, which can properly support wide stocks. Also, the drum carriage of this model is bolted to the base that helps prevent any movement or alignment issues.
SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 Drum Sander Additional Features
- IntelliSand Technology, automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Flatness guarantee: precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure
- Excellent dust extraction as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity, and reduced vibration
SuperMax 71938-D 19-38 Drum Sander Specifications
- Maximum width: 38 in. (two passes)
- Minimum length: 2-1/4 in.
- Maximum thickness: 4 in.
- Minimum thickness: 1/32 in.
- Dimensions (in): 42L x 26W x 51H (on stand)
- Drum: 5 in. x 19 in. (extruded aluminum)
- Drum speed: 1740 RPM
- Dust hood: 4 in. vacuum port (min. 600 CFM recommended)
- Conveyor motor: 0-10 FPM (infinitely variable)
- Drive motor (TEFC): 1-3/4 HP
- Power requirements: 110 V, 20 A
- Shipping weight: 286 lbs. (3 boxes incl. stand)
- Warranty: 2-year limited
- Price: $1,399
Leave a Reply