If your shop is constantly covered in a thick layer of sawdust, primer dust, metal filings, or Bondo, you might consider your dust extraction options. One of those options, the Rupes S145EPL Electropneumatic Vacuum with cleaning filter, has all the tools necessary to keep your place clean and OSHA happy.
Rupes S145EPL Highlights
The Rupes S145EPL uses a pneumatic trigger that starts up the suction when you actuate your air tool. It operates similarly to dust extractors that work in conjunction with power tools, but instead, connects to your pneumatic sanders.
The S145EPL generates around 117 CFM of suction, and it can handle both wet and dry jobs. It features a 12-gallon container, and the bag can hold up to 11 lbs of dry material. Dual-hose ports allow for multiple sanders to be used at the same time as well.
Right now, the Rupes S145EPL Electropneumatic Vacuum retails for $699, though Rupes also offers a kit for $999. It comes with the S145EPL a hose, and a sander.
Rupes S145EPL Electropneumatic Vacuum Features
- Extremely quiet.
- Mobile units for extracting dust from sanding and various types of industrial work, fitted for connection to an electro-pneumatic.
- Also suitable for fluid extraction.
- RUPES patent: S.C.S. Self Cleaning System with filter cartridges.
- M.I.C. Multifunction Intelligent Control: manual or automatic start-up, speed control, liquid-level indicator, working-time memory and service-interval indicator for replacement of motor brushes.
- Equipped with 2 large filters to ensure constant and efficient filtering capacity.
- Electrostatic charge dispersion device.
- Large dust and liquid container, with generous rear space for cables and accessories, plus top-mounted ledge for accessories and tools.
- Pivotable front connector for hoses, Ø 25 – 29 – 38 – 50 mm.
- Extractor, protection class L (EN60335-2-69/A2), suitable for dust with maximum tolerated exposure value >1.0 mg/m3.
- MSRP: $699
We’ve also recently reviewed the Rupes Random Orbit Sander Collection, which you can find by clicking here.
Leave a Reply