Powermatic OES9138 Edge Sander
The Powermatic OES9138 edge sander is built with powerful 230V, single phase 3HP motor that can deliver a wide range of sanding operations such as edge, face, bevel, and contour sanding. Also, the Powermatic OES9138 fits well in any workshop and has the capacity to carry out bigger projects as well.
The oscillating Powermatic OES9138 edge sander offers a large 11-3/4” x 48” table that will travel a full 8” in vertical height to accommodate all parts from tall to short work pieces. The table can also tilt negative 5 degrees and out to a positive 45 degrees.
The Powermatic OES9138 edge sander features a 48” x 9-1/2” platen and is covered with graphite for production sanding applications. The graphite-coated platen also offer support and cooler running that extend belt life. Combined with the sander’s 24 oscillations per minute, you can use entire belt face without burning.
In addition, the Powermatic OES9138 edge sander features a head that swivels on a massive shift with two sealed ball bearings for uninterrupted performance. The Powermatic OES9138 also comes with a dual dust collection ports for a tidy work space and this also helps extend the life of the abrasive belt.
Powermatic OES9138 Edge Sander Key Features
- 9″ x 138-3/4″ abrasive belt
- Oscillates at 24 cycles per minute
- 9-1/2″ x 48″ platen with graphite pad
- Rugged bearing-assisted tensioning device for fast belt changes and quick adjust tracking
- Pedestal control switch for easy access
- Large 11-3/4″ x 48″ front worktable with 8″ vertical travel tilts and 45° tilt
- Precision balanced 9″ diameter drive drum and 4″ diameter rubber coated idler pulley
- Large radius end table has 6″ vertical travel and 45° tilt for any angle
- Heavy-duty oscillating gearbox and shaft
- Hinged guard opens for infinite length sanding
- Dual dust collection ports
- Standard equipment: Two 4″ dust ports, Tilting main and end tables, Platen with graphite pad
Powermatic OES9138 Edge Sander Specifications
- Style/type: Horizontal/vertical oscillating edge
- Sanding belt size (L x W) (In.): 9 x 138-3/4 in.
- Belt speed: 3,542 FPM
- Drum diameter: 4 in. outboard, 9 in. drive
- Platen size: 9-1/2 x 48 in.
- Oscillations per minute: 24
- Main table size (L x W): 48 x 11-3/4 in.
- Main table tilt (Deg.): 5 In, 45 Out
- Table height from floor: 34-1/2 to 40-3/4 in.
- End table size: 18 in.
- End table tilt (Deg.): 40 ∞ in, 45 ∞ out
- Electrical controls: Magnetic starter
- Dust collection minimum CFM required: 1,100
- Dust port outside diameter: 4 in.
- Motor power: 3 HP
- Motor: Single phase, 230V
- Includes: Miter head
- Warranty: 5-years
- Price: $4,778