Bosch 12V Max Palm Edge Router First Look
Woodworking fans and Bosch fans alike will have reason to be jazzed about the company’s most recent product release. The Bosch 12V Max Palm Router gives Pros a new lightweight and cordless option for their edge routing and trimming needs. At just over 2 lbs, the new Palm Edge Router stays compact and maneuverable. Plus, Bosch went with a somewhat unorthodox, offset design for the handle, which allows for superior control over your work. As with most of the Bosch products we get the chance to play with, the Bosch 12V Max Palm Edge Router looks like it will also conform to the high ergonomic standards that company has been known for.
What Bosch Has To Say About It
“The Bosch GKF12V-25 Palm Edge Router is all about user convenience and routing precision. This is a handy tool that’s always at the ready. It’s light, it’s maneuverable and it delivers great results. For quick, professional edge routing and trimming, there’s no better tool available.”
-Charlie Chiappetta, product manager, 12-volt tools, Bosch Power Tools
A Balanced Approach
The size, weight, ergonomics, and convenience factor of the GKF12V-25 all come together to make the Bosch Palm Edge Router a pretty exciting release for the company. The bare tool weighs a mere 2.2 lbs and because this tool runs on the 12V platform, attaching a battery doesn’t mean that you’re having to attach a whole lot of extra weight. The tool, with the battery attached, punches in at under 3 lbs.
Ergonomics play a big part in the design here as well. While most routers maintain a traditional design, Bosch has offset the handle in an effort to allow the user more control and stability over edge forming and trimming applications. The narrow 2.3″ grip area has a comfortable and grippy overmolding around it.
A small profile and light weight sound great, but what kind of performance does the Bosch 12V Palm Edge Router pack? Bosch includes an EC Brushless motor that generates 13,000 RPM. It features constant speed circuitry monitors that maintain speed under load for a consistent cut. It also includes restart protection to prevent accidental startup when switching batteries and a drop detection sensor that stops the motor if the tool is ever dropped.
The Bosch 12V Palm Edge Router includes an easy-change spindle lock for one-wrench bit changes. A macro-depth and fine-depth adjustment are included here as well. A lock system prevents accidental adjustment of the depth setting.
The Bosch 12V Palm Edge Router retails for $149. Keep an eye out wherever Bosch Tools are sold, as this one should hit the shelves very soon.
Bosch 12V Max Palm Edge Router Benefits
- Ergonomic 12V Max palm edge router construction – delivers light, well-balanced design, cordless convenience and EC Brushless power and runtime for hassle-free edge routing
- Compact, offset design – weighing only 2.2 Lbs. (tool only, not including battery), this cordless router allows easy handling because most of the tool and its gripping areas are positioned over the workpiece for maximum stability when edge-forming and trimming
- EC Brushless motor – provides efficient power, with a maximum 13,000 rpm and up to 23 Ft. of round-over capacity per battery Amp hour
- Versatile depth-adjustment system – ensures precise fine depth adjustment (0.04 In. per dial revolution) and easy macro depth adjustment
- Depth adjustment lock – helps prevent tampering with the depth setting
- Easy-change spindle lock – provides easy one-wrench bit changes
- Drop-detection sensor – stops the motor if the tool is dropped
- Finger barriers – helps prevent contact with the bit area
- Constant speed circuitry – monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance
- Restart protection – helps prevent accidental startup when switching batteries
Bosch 12V Max Palm Edge Router Specs
- Model Number: GKF12V-25N
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion
- Voltage: 12V
- Dust Collection: No
- Height: 8.5″
- Length: 5.7″
- Max. RPM: 13,000 RPM
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Width: 3.1″
- Includes: Bare Tool, 1/4″ Self-Releasing Collet Chuck, Forged Collet Chuck Wrench
- MSRP: $149
For more information about the Bosch 12V Palm Edge Router, visit www.boschtools.com.