Makita SP6000J1 Plunge Track Saw
The Makita SP6000J1 plunge track saw combines a powerful 12 amp motor with magnesium components for a lightweight tool. A large cutting capacity and electronic speed control help you cut through thick material while maintaining constant speed under load. The result is smoother, splinter-free cutting. When you pair this circular saw with the 55-inch guide rail you get a system that delivers precise cuts with minimal tear-out.
Makita SP6000J1 Plunge Track Saw Features
The Makita SP6000J1 is a feature-rich plunge cutting circular saw that’s loaded with features. There’s a built-in depth stop which allows a preliminary 1/16″ scoring cut to be performed before the entire material is cut through for clean and splinter-free results. The SP6000J1 track saw offers -1 to 48 degree bevel capacity with preset stops at 22.5 and 45 degrees.
It actually gets better. The Makita SP6000J1 plunge circular saw offers a close-to-wall cutting with a blade that sits just 11/16″ off the wall for expanded cutting applications. For more cutting material options, the Makita SP6000J1 track saw also offers a variable speed dial control with speed ranges from 2,000 RPM to 5,200 RPM. This lets you set the right speed for your application. A built-in torque limiter helps prevent motor burnout, while an electric brake adds to productivity by making sure you don’t have to waste time waiting for the blade to spin down.
Makita SP6000J1 Plunge Track Saw Key Features
- Soft-start feature for smooth start-ups
- Built-in current limiter helps prevent motor burnout
- Electronic speed control
- Easy-to-set depth adjustment with large scale
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Magnesium components
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/16″ at 90° and 1-9/16″ at 45°)
- Bevel capability (-1 to 48°) with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16″) for expanded cutting applications
- Dual front and rear bevel supports
- Blade wrench attaches to the saw for fast and convenient blade changes
- Rubberized handles for added comfort
- 1-1/2″ OD dust port
- Large 1-7/16″ rear dust port
Makita SP6000J1 Plunge Track Saw Specifications
- Motor Amps: 12
- Motor Watts Out: 1,800
- Blade Diameter: 6-1/2″
- Arbor (mm): 20 mm
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°): 2-3/16″
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°): 1-9/16″
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 2,000 – 5,200 RPM
- Overall Length: 13-3/8″
- Net Weight: 16.5 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 23.6 lbs.
- UPC Code: 088381-650823
- Optional Accessories: Guide Rail 117″ and 54″, Clamp Set, Rip Fence
- Includes: 6-1/2″ 48T Carbide-Tipped Saw Blade, Hex Wrench, 55″ Guide Rail, Interlocking Tool Case
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: $405.72
The Makita SP6000J1 plunge track saw applications include cutting sheet material, finish work, trim work, and remodeling. The track saw is also ideal for a broad range of trades such as cabinet installers, cabinet manufacturers, finish carpenters, stair installers, flooring installers, woodworkers, and general contractors.