The Shop Fox W1835 track saw is more than a “nice to have”—it’s a great tool to get precise cuts without the use of a table saw or panel saw. With the Shop Fox W1835 track saw and guide rail combination, tasks like ripping sheet goods or even trimming door bottoms is made easy. Also, the track saw cuts accurately even without the guide rail, and provides added safety over traditional cutting circular saw.
Shop Fox W1835 Track Saw Features
This Shop Fox W1835 track saw offers excellent features for both plunge and straight cutting. The plunge action of W1835 track saw eliminates dangers associated with flip-up blade guards, and the riving knife lowers the risk of blade pinching and kickbacks. The optional Shop Fox D4362 guide rail that’s designed for this particular track saw helps you get super-precise cuts with little to no tear-out.
In addition, the Shop Fox W1835 is packed with features like a bevel gauge with lock for performing bevel cuts up to 45 degrees. For stability while cutting, the W1835 track saw features a secondary front handle that’s easy to grasp. It also features a continuous cutting depth limiter that lets you manually score a sheet of material or plywood for cleaner cuts.
To truly extend the indoor use of this tool, the Shop Fox W1835 track saw is equipped a 1-1/2” adjustable dust collection port. Connect that to a dust extractor, and you’ll take up a majority of dust from your cuts. There are also additional accessories and options to choose from such as the Shop Fox D4363 accessory pack. That kit includes two F-clamps, adjustable flipstop, and stabilizer clips that help keep saw on the rail track to help prevent it from accidentally derailing. These help you get consistent, uniform cuts—particularly when performing long bevel rips. The Shop Fox D4362 guide rail kit is a necessary accessory to help you make quick and precise cutting.
Shop Fox W1835 Track Saw Key Features
- Anti-kickback design with spring-loaded riving knife
- Low-profile blade guard for cuts as close as 5 ⁄8″ from wall
- 11 ⁄2″ Dust port for efficient dust collection
- Versatile, saw can be used with or without track
- Precision depth control scale in 1 ⁄32″ increments
Shop Fox W1835 Track Saw Specifications
- Motor: 120V, 9A, 1.1 kW, 5500 RPM
- Blade rim speed: 9,070 FPM
- Blade diameter: 6-1⁄4″ (60mm)
- Blade tilt: 0° – 45°
- Arbor size: 20mm
- Arbor speed: 5,500 RPM
- Maximum depth of cut (90°, without rail): 2-5⁄32″
- Maximum depth of cut (45° without rail): 1-5⁄8″
- Maximum depth of cut (90° without rail): 1-31⁄32″
- Maximum depth of cut (45° with rail): 1-7⁄16″
- Dust port diameter: 1-1/2″
- Included Saw blade: 48T 160mm x 20mm
- Saw weight: 11 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: $185.99