Grizzly G9983 15-inch Wide Belt Sander
The Grizzly G9983 15-inch Wide Belt Sander is ideal for shops with limited space. It has a footprint of only 29″ x 23-1/2″. Despite its size, the Grizzly G9983 offers appealing features and construction that matches the much bigger wide belt sanders. It is powered by a TEFC Capacitor-Start Induction, 5 HP, single phase, 30-amp motor that runs at 1,725 RPM.
It is capable of sanding 30″ wide work pieces in 2 passes. It comes equipped with a 2-speed feed conveyor that operates at 13.1 FPM and 16.4 FPM. The Grizzly G9983 also comes with an adjustable side support that slides out from the side of the sander. It also features an inch and metric thickness scale, an amp meter, a separate table feed motor, and a pneumatically controlled belt oscillation feature.
In addition, the Grizzly G9983 is equipped with a built-in air regulator and water separator, an independent motor controls for drum sanding and controls for conveyor, and a disc brake. It also has an emergency stop bar. Its graphite platen is micro adjustable. And as a result, the Grizzly G9983 wide belt sander makes nothing short of a high quality machine.
Grizzly G9983 15-Inch Wide Belt Sander Key Features
- Pneumatic Belt Tensioning
- Industrial-Duty Rubber Conveyor Belt
- 5″ Dust Port
- Two-Speed Feed Conveyor
- Amp/Load Meter
- Built-In Air Regulator/Water Separator
- Independent Motor Controls for Sanding Drums and Conveyor
- Disc Brake
- Emergency Stop Bar
- Micro-Adjustable Graphite/Felt Platen
- Adjustable Sanding Belt Oscillation Speed
- Two Rubber Pressure Rollers
- Handwheel-Controlled Table Elevation
- Inch/Metric Thickness Scale
Grizzly G9983 15-Inch Wide Belt Sander Specifications
- Sanding belt motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 1725 RPM
- Belt feed motor: 1/4 HP, 220V, single-phase
- Air requirement: 57 – 75 PSI, 2 CFM
- Sanding belt size: 16″ x 48″
- Surface speed of sanding belt: 2050 FPM
- Maximum board width: 15″ single pass, 30″ double pass
- Maximum board thickness: 5-1/2″
- Minimum board length: 12″
- Conveyor speed: 13.1 & 16.4 FPM
- Overall dimensions: 35″ wide x 61-3/4″ high x 32-1/2″ deep
- Approximate shipping weight: 908 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: $4,095