Delta 46-460 Variable Speed Midi Lathe
The Delta 46-460 variable speed midi lathe was a recipient of 2012 Tool Guide Editors as Best Overall Award for their Heavy-Duty Benchtop Lathes category. The Delta 46-460 lathe and other brands were put through a series of tests that includes starting RPM, RPM with resistance, speed loss, and torque tests. This lathe gives you fast, smooth results, and its variable speed controls make for consistency and flexibility—perfect for just about any woodworking shop.
Delta 46-460 Variable Speed Midi Lathe Features
This Delta 46-460 variable speed midi lathe is powered by 1 HP motor that runs up to 1,275 RPM. This woodworking lathe provides ample 12-1/2″ swing capacity. Its variable speed feature has 3 pulley-speed ranges, so you can easily select the required speed to turn a project without having to change the belt position. The Delta 46-460 variable speed midi lathe also offers a ball-bearing live center, heavy-duty steel knockout bar, and onboard storage.
The forward and reverse functions of Delta 46-460 midi lathe give you consistent accuracy and precision—you just flip a switch. Also, the Delta 46-460 offers a patented belt-tensioning system for fast speed changes and longer tool life. For stability, durability, and strength, the woodworking lathe offers cast-iron construction and comes equipped with 3″ face plate, and 6″ and 10″ tool rests.
- Large 12-1/2″ swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class
- Electronic Variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges
- Forward and Reversing function
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes
- 6 groove belt provides superior power to turn large objects
- Indexing pin to lock the head stock spindle in 24 different locations
- All cast-iron construction provides stability and is extremely durable
- Over Headstock On/Off switch provides easy in use access
- Ball-bearing live center
- On board storage for easy access to adjustment tools
- Heavy-duty, steel knockout bar
- CSA listed
Delta 46-460 Variable Speed Midi Lathe Specifications
- Motor: 1 HP max, 120V, 60 Hz, 1 Phase
- Motor Control: Electronic Variable Speed
- Speed: 250-700, 600-1,800 and 1,350-4,000 RPM
- Swing Over Bed: 12-1/2″
- Swing Over Base: 9-9/16″
- Distance between Centers: 16-1/2″; with Extension: 42″
- Drive Spindle: 1″-8 RH TPI Thread
- Drive Spindle through Hole: 15/32″
- Head and Tailstock Taper: #2 MT
- Tailstock through Hole: 13/32″ Self-ejecting
- Tailstock Spindle Travel: 2-1/4″
- Tool Rest: 6″ and 10″
- Length: 36″
- Width: 11″
- Height: 17-3/4″
- Weight: 97 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 106 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
- Includes: chrome 3″ face plate, 6″ and 10″ tool rests, spur center, tool rest base, knockout bar, live center, wrenches
- Price: $540.28