The PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A midi lathe comes with a PSI advanced pen making starter package. It includes enough tools and accessories to start turning 40 slimline pens and pencils. The TCLC10VS-A uses a powerful 3/4 HP electric motor makes this a great midi lathe for a wide range of turning applications. You can go from turning pens to turning bowls up to 10″ in diameter.
PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A Midi Lathe Features
This PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A midi lathe operates at variable speeds from 500 RPM to 3,800 RPM. This gives you quick speed control required for any project type. To help with flexibility and control, the PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A lathe features an SBC microprocessor to deliver greater accuracy.
For stability and vibration control, the PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A midi lathe comes with a heavy-duty cast iron frame. The PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A also comes equipped with a digital readout for easy speed monitoring, and a 24 position indexing head with spindle lock. It’s also equipped with a convenient work light with 18-inch flex cable for low light operation.
The Penn State Industries (PSI) started out as a retail store in downtown Philadelphia. In 1984, it expanded its operation into the woodworking business. Up to this day, the PSI produces affordable, approachable, and precision woodworking products, and all at a great price.
PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A Midi Lathe Key Features
- Digital readout lets you work at precise speeds
- Vary speeds from 500-3800 RPM
- SBC microprocessor technology
- Convenient carrying handles
- 24 Indexing positions with spindle locking
- Convenient worklight with 18″ flex cable
- Heavy-duty, ball bearing tail stock center
- Tool storage rack keeps chisels and other tools close at hand
- Sturdy cast iron base accepts optional extension bed for turning projects up to 42″
- Powerful 3/4 motor provides superior power and performance
- Designed for easy belt access and removal
PSI Woodworking TCLC10VS-A Midi Lathe Specifications
- Motor: 3/4 HP
- Material: Cast Iron
- Brand: Turncrafter Commander
- Footprint: 31″ x 7-1/4″
- Pulley steps: 2
- Variable speed (RPM): 580-3800RPM
- Headstock thread: 1″ x 8 TPI
- Headstock taper: #2MT
- Tailstock taper: #2MT
- Distance between centers: 18″
- Swing over bed: 10″
- Tool post diameter: 5/8″
- Extension bed available: Y
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $652.95