The Rikon 70-450 variable speed wood lathe offers a single-phase, 7-amp, 1-1/2 HP electric motor which spins up to 1,400 RPM. The Rikon lathe features a forward and reverse direction and has a 6 step motor and spindle pulleys to provide six different spindle speed ranges.
Rikon 70-450 Variable Speed Wood Lathe Build Quality
A convenient variable speed switch feature of Rikon 70-450 variable speed wood lathe provides quick and easy spindle speed change. Rotating the variable speed dial clockwise increases the speed and counter clockwise decreases the speed. Also, a digital display monitor switch box is also available for easy monitoring of operation status.
The Rikon 70-450 wood lathe features an indexing headstock with 24 equally-spaced positions, which allows accurate pattern work on projects like straight fluting, grooving, drilling, and layout. This indexing feature also allows the turner to lock the spindle for removing face plates, chucks, and other accessories without needing two tools.
For larger projects, the Rikon 70-450 variable speed wood lathe also features a swivel and sliding head. The wood lathe also comes with 12″ tool rest, spur center, nylon face plate bushing, live center, 6″ face plate, knockout bar, and wrenches.
Rikon 70-450 Variable Speed Wood Lathe Key Features
- Swivel and sliding head rotates along the bed for turning of larger projects
- Electronic Variable Speed retains torque throughout the speed range with the use of a two step pully
- 24-position indexing head with locking spindle allows accurate pattern work to be performed on projects such as fluting, grooving, drilling and layout
- Heavy Cast Base – sturdy stand with wide footprint ensures greater stability
Rikon 70-450 Variable Speed Wood Lathe Specifications
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 7-amp TEFC
- RPM: 1,400 RPM
- Direction: Forward/Reverse
- Swing Over Bed: 20 in.
- Swing Over Tool Rest: 18 in.
- Working Distance Between Centers: 37 in.
- Electronic Variable Speeds: 50 – 3,850
- Range RPM: 50-380, 70-530, 120-900, 200-1450, 350-2750, 460-3850
- Spindle Nose Inch x TPI: 1-1/4 in. x 8
- Headstock/tailstock Taper: MT2
- RAM Travel: 4 in.
- Indexing Positions: 24
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 64-1/2 x 21-1/2 x 50 in.
- Net Weight: 461 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 626 lbs.
- Shipping Carton: 68-1/4 x 23-1/2 x 50-1/4 in.
- Warranty: 5-years
- Price: $3,048