Plasma System – Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Video Review
The Hypertherm Powermax45 XP stands out in three distinct areas: Performance, Applications (multi-process), and Simplicity. It's so simple to setup and use, and all the processes just work!
Have you ever cut 1/4″ wall tubing or 1/2″ plate with a hacksaw (I mean the manual kind)? I have…and too many times. I think that’s why I fell in love with a plasma cutter, long ago. Of course, then came learning about clean compressed air, burning out tips, temperamental arcs, and a host of other issues. Now, the Hypertherm Powermax45 XP cuts those issues and gouges out my past plasma woes – puns intended.
Need some air – check out the Reelcraft Air Hose Review.
After unboxing, setting up, and using the Hypertherm Powermax45 XP for a while, three key areas exude. Performance, Applications (processes), and Simplicity are what the Powermax45 XP do very well. With up to 45 Amps of power, the Duramax torch will cut through up to 5/8″ mild steel, stainless, and aluminum. On the flip side, the inverter technology allows the user to turn it down to 10A for marking.
Editor’s note: This article originally published on June 8, 2018.
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Summary
You can pick up the Hypertherm Powermax45 XP for about $1,900. Click here for more info.
Powermax45 XP Plasma System Specifications
Input voltages: CSA 200 – 240 V, 1-PH, 50-60 Hz; 480 V, 3-PH
- Output current: 10–45 A
- Rated output voltage 145 VDC
- Duty cycle: @ 40° C (104° F) CSA
- 50% @ 45 A, 200 – 240 V, 1-PH
- 60% @ 41 A, 200 – 240 V, 1-PH
- 100% @ 32 A, 200 – 240 V, 1-PH
- 50% @ 45 A, 480 V, 3-PH
- 60% @ 41 A, 480 V, 3-PH
- 100% @ 32 A, 480 V, 3-PH
- Dimensions with handles: 17.4″ D; 6.8″ W; 14.1″ H
- Weight with 20′ torch: 33 lbs.
- Recommended gas inlet flow rate / pressure: 400 scfh @ 90 psi
- Power supply type: Inverter – IGBT
- Engine drive requirement: 10 kW for full 45 A output
- Warranty: 3-year/1-Year (Power Supply/Torch)
- MSRP: $2,270