Sometimes you just want a simple miter saw and don’t require a high amount of depth capacity or fancy features. For that, the Homecraft H26-260L compound miter saw—made by Delta Power Equipment—fits the bill. Because of its lightweight design, the Homecraft H26-260L is portable and perfect for small shops or garages. Like many entry-level miter saws, the H26-260L operates at a high speed (5,500 RPM) which it drives using a 14-amp motor.
Homecraft H26-260L Compound Miter Saw Features
The Homecraft H26-260L compound miter saw should deliver clean cuts through wood with a fair level of precision, though adding an aftermarket thin kerf finish blade would be a recommended upgrade. The Homecraft H26-260L features 5 preset miter stop at 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees. Also, this compound miter saw features a battery-powered laser guide that ensures accurate cuts. We’d prefer the laser be powered by the saw’s power supply, but the batteries should last for hundreds of cuts.
Besides helping you make accurate cuts, the battery operated laser makes aligning the blade to the work piece more convenient as well. The tool-less spindle lock of the Homecraft H26-260L compound miter saw holds the blade in place during blade changes.
Homecraft H26-260L Compound Miter Saw Key Features
- Lightweight unit is easy to move from room to room or even from job to job
- Works with virtually all miter saw stands
- Spindle lock holds spindle securely while blade nut is loosened and removed
- Capacity – Cuts nominal 4″ x 4″ and 2X6 at 90° and 2″ x 6″ at bevel setting, with one pass
- Bevels Left – From 0° – 47°, cuts nominal 2″ x 6″ at full bevel
- Mitering Capabilities – Miters to 45° degrees left and right with stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30° and 45°
- Laser – Battery Operated with on/off switch
Homecraft H26-260L Compound Miter Saw Specifications
- Voltage; 120V, 14-amp
- Speed: 5,500 RPM
- Arbor: 5/8 in.
- Blade: 10 in. 24T carbide-tipped
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $109
The Homecraft H26-260L compound miter saw is UL listed, and should work with virtually all third party miter saw stands. This model from Delta Power Tools comes with a 3 year warranty.
Leave a Reply