DeWalt DW735 Thickness Planer
Tired of planing your boards by hand like a common chump? Thickness planers have existed for quite a while now, and DeWalt has a few models worth considering. One of those, the DW735 DeWalt thickness planer, promises to make short work of your wonky boards and unfinished surfaces.
What To Expect
Loaded with great features, the heavy-duty DeWalt thickness planer has a total capacity of 13 inches. This ought to provide ample enough space for the average DIYer, as well as some professional use. The DW735 is powered by a 120 Volt, 15 Amp motor that delivers 10,000 RPM cutter-head speed.
The 2-speed gearbox allows the user to change feed speed, optimizing cuts per inch at either 96 CPI or 179 CPI. With these 2 speed options, the DeWalt DW735 will plane all types of rough stock wood through a 3- knife cutter-head for fast stock removal and a super smooth surface finish. Also, it offers a low profile design, and a fan-assisted chip ejection system.
The fan assisted chip ejection vacuum deals with all wood shavings and particles produced during operation. The system is equipped with a motorized fan that breaks up the debris as it leaves the cutter-head, and then blows the debris into either of the two included dust shrouds.
In addition, the DeWalt DW735 features an automatic carriage lock to minimize snipe, an adjustable turret depth stop, and a large depth adjustment crank. It also comes equipped with a material removal gauge, a large easy to read adjustable depth adjustment scale and a lockable paddle style on and off switch.
DeWalt DW735 Thickness Planer Key Features
- Powerful 15.0 Amp, 20,000 rpm motor handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter-head with 10,000 RPM cutter head speed delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- The fan-assisted chip ejection system vacuums chips from the cutter-head and blows them out of the machine
- 19-3/4″ cast aluminum base is 2X more rigid than a standard 10″ base and folding tables
- Automatic carriage lock reduces the movement that causes snipe without the need for manual engagement by the user
- Material removal gauge and extra-large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Extra-large turret depth stop allows the user to return to most frequently used thicknesses with ease
- Model Number: DW735
- Motor Amps: 15.0 Amps
- No Load Speed: 20,000 (motor)/10,000 (cutter-head) RPM
- Max Depth of Cut: 1/8″
- Depth Capacity: 6″
- Width Capacity: 13″
- Tool Weight: 92lbs
- Shipping Weight: 100lbs
- Warranty: 1-year free service, 3-year limited
- Price: $599.00