If you’re serious about woodworking and work with large sheet goods, then you’re invariably used or at least looked at track saws at some point. There are several schools of though regarding track saw design and use, but the Grizzly T10687 track saw is a solid solution for cutting a variety of materials from solid hardwoods to plywood, double-coated MDF boards, and more.
Grizzly T10687 Track Saw Features
As you’d expect from a track saw, the Grizzly T10687 features a riving knife that prevents the wood from closing up behind the blade when ripping through material. Aside from this common safety feature, the Grizzly T10687 track saw also offers a convenient plunge-cutting action that eliminates the traditional flip-up blade guard. Grizzly also adding a 55″ guide rail for allowing for both cross cuts on sheet goods as well as even wider panels. The Grizzly T10687 track saw also offers an anti-tilt bar that provides a secure grip on the guide rail for miter cutting.
The Grizzly T10687 track saw is equipped with a sliding surfaces on the guide rail that ensure smooth machine operation, and a non-slip backing on the underside of the rail ensures a secure grip on your work piece. The track saw is powered by a 9 amp 120V motor and operates at a quick 5,500 RPM.
This Grizzly T10687 track saw features a variable cutting depth up to 2-5/32″. According to Grizzly, the blade rim speed is spec’d at 9,070 FPS, and the bevel tilt knob locks the upper carriage securely at angles up to 45°. The Grizzly T25552 master kit includes the Grizzly T10687 track saw, T24872 55″ guide rail, 48 tooth saw blade, and T25094 accessory pack. A tool only track saw (Grizzly T10687) option is also available for those who may not need the track or other accessories.
Grizzly T10687 Track Saw Key Features
- Infinitely variable cutting depth up to 2-5/32″
- Rail system
- Non-slip backing on the underside of the rail
- Sliding surfaces on the guide rail
- Built-in riving knife for anti-kickback protection
- Anti-tilt bar provides a secure grip on the guide rail for miter cutting
- Continuous cutting depth limiter
- Dust port for shop vacuum
Grizzly T10687 Track Saw Specifications
- Motor: 120V, 9 A, 1.1 kW
- Motor speed: 5,500 RPM
- Blade rim speed: 9,070 FPS
- Max cutting depth at 90D: without rail 2-5/32″, with rail 1-31/32″
- Max cutting depth at 45D: without rail 1-5/8″, with rail 1-7/16″
- Saw blade: 160mm x 20mm x 48 tooth
- Distance between saw blade and wall: 5/8″
- Dust port diameter: 1-1/2″
- Combined approximate shipping weight: 20 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: $245
Leave a Reply