GearWrench Slugging Striking Wrenches
Do you need a little extra torque in the shop? Are you tired of trying to muscle off those sticky fasteners? Or, have you ever wanted to just beat something with a hammer? GearWrench, purveyors of fine hand tools and a part of the Apex Tool Group, has some exciting news for you. They’ve recently launched a new line of wrenches that they’ve built to take a beating, literally. The new GearWrench Slugging Striking Wrenches should help you with fastener removal, and with working out some aggression.
“These new slugging and striking wrenches are a heavy-duty addition to the GearWrench tool offering. Their quality design withstands heavy sledging, resists springing, and is built to last.”
-Jim Stewart, Senior Product Manager
What To Expect From These New Wrenches
The GearWrench Slugging Striking Wrenches come in three different styles: 6 point slugging, 12 point slugging, and 12 point 45° offset striking. They feature a large striking surface for those times when you need to smash a hammer into your wrench to get it to turn. The idea with a larger striking surface is that you get more efficient contact with the hammer and greater force transmission. They also feature compact handle lengths, allowing the user to get into tighter areas more easily. In the case of the 45° offset wrench, GearWrench designed the handle to clear obstructions.
The new GearWrench Slugging Striking Wrench features alloy steel construction. Each wrench has its size hard stamped into the handle, and all wrenches have a black oxide finish for greater corrosion resistance. These new wrenches meet or exceed GGG-W-636e and ASME B107.410 specifications.
These new wrenches come in a variety of sizes. GearWrench offers the 6 Point Slugging wrench in 14 sizes ranging from 1-1/16″ – 3-7/8″. The 12 Point Offset Striking Wrench comes in 28 sizes ranging from 1-1/16″ – 3-1/8″. Finally, the 12 Point Slugging Wrench comes in 33 different sizes ranging from 1-1/4″ – 4-5/8″.
GearWrench Slugging Striking Wrenches Features
- Made in the USA – Quality and Availability
- For Use Where a Hammer or Sledge is Required to Create Extreme Force / Torque Necessary to Loosen or Tighten Large Fasteners
- Large Striking Surface for More Efficient Hammer Contact, More Force Being Applied to the Fastener
- Offset Round Handle Design to Clear Obstructions
- Handle Length Permits Use in Confined Areas
- Box End Opening Designed to Remain Engaged to the Fastener When Striking the Wrench
- Heavy Box End Opening Provides Greater Transmission of Torque and More Strength While Also Providing Access to Confined Fasteners
- Manufactured From High Alloy Steel Using the Most Up-To-Date Manufacturing Process and Heat Treat for Greater Strength and Durability
- Meets or Exceeds US Federal Spec. GGG-W-636E